The NBS which is the central depository for all official statistics produced in Tanzania, is responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis and dissemination of official statistics. Specifically, the services offered by NBS, include:
- To collect data from various sources, analyze, publish, and distribute to stakeholders,
- To conduct surveys and provide technical advice on sampling, statistical data collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of collected data whenever requested by a user/stakeholder,
- To develop standards, methods and provide interpretation of concepts and deﬁnitions,
- To provide raw data for researchers and other stakeholders,
- To prepare maps needed for various surveys and censuses, and
- To provide professional advice and instructions on how to use Statistical information according to speciﬁc customer requirement.