African Statistics Day
The African Statistics Day (ASD) is celebrated every year on the 18th of November. This event was initiated in 1990 by the Subsidiary Body of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), the Joint African Conference of Planners, Statisticians, and Demographers .The day is celebrated each year in order to increase awareness about the important role statistics plays in all aspects of social and economic development in Africa.
Themes for Africa Statistics Day
- 2016 "Strengthening Economic Statistics for Regional Integration,Structural Transformation and Sustainable Development"
- 2015 "Better Data for Better Lives"
- 2014 “Open Data for Accountability and Inclusiveness"
- 2013 “Quality Data to support African Progress"
- 2012 “Making every woman and man count: Engendering statistics for better development outcomes"
- 2011 "Keeping Accounts to Improve Africa’s Present for a Brighter Future"